Please read the terms of this privacy statement carefully. If you do not agree with these terms, you cannot use the Website. Your use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of this privacy statement with us. In addition to reviewing this Agreement, please review our User Agreement.
This privacy statement may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on the Website. Continued access of the Website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the privacy statement.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for the Website. The statement does not include the privacy practices for partnered sites. We encourage our users who visit external sites from links within the Website to read the privacy statements of those sites, as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 763-473-3204.
Welcome to the Website. In order to make you feel comfortable and secure while visiting our Website, we have taken numerous precautions to guard your security while visiting our Website. For each visitor to our Website, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name and e-mail address (where possible).
What personally identifiable information is being collected? When you visit our Website, in order for us to provide you with the services that you have requested, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information. For example, when you request information or services, we may ask you to become a registered user of our Website, during which you will be asked for your name, address, your e-mail address, etc. If you send an inquiry to one of our customer service representatives, we will also store a record of your request along with your email address. In addition, our Web servers track various technical details about your visit, such as your computer’s IP address and which pages you visited; however that information does not typically contain any personally identifiable information about you.
We may post customer testimonials on our Website which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
How is the information being used? The information we collect is used to provide the products and services that you have requested or that we think you might have an interest in. It is also used to improve the content of our Website, to notify you of problems with your requests, or to update you about changes to our Website.
What information will be disclosed if required by Jaw? If required by law, we may provide any and all information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, warrant or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction. In all cases, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request. Any law enforcement or government agency request submitted with less than a court-issued order will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to the need and urgency, as well as the particular law enforcement agency making the request.
What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information and how you can correct any inaccuracies in information? If you do not want toreceive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by calling or sending an e-mail email@example.com and telling us that you do not want to receive e-mail from us.If you provide us with your e-mail address, you may receive messages about issues regardingthe operations of our Website, the products or services we provide and messages from ouraffiliates and other companies with operational relationships with us. You may modify your email
preferences by calling 763-473-3204 or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic notices containing information about new products and services or upcoming events. On occasion, we may make our postal mailing address lists available to subsidiaries and affiliated companies that are part of our family of companies. We may also make our postal mailing address lists available to other direct mail companies who we believe may have products and services of interest to our customers. However, we do not share e-mail addresses with any outside organizations for
marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive postal mailings from us, our affiliates or third party organizations, please let us know by calling or sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please provide us with your exact name and postal address and state which lists you wish to be removed from so that we can be sure your information is removed from future mailing lists.
We may request your telephone number or facsimile (FAX) number, and if you provide it, you may receive telephone or FAX contact from us with information regarding services or products you have requested, requests for information or in reference to valuable offers from us. We do not sell or rent phone numbers.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under age 18 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If you are under age 18, you are welcome to browse our Website. However you are not permitted to use any of the features of our site that require the collection of any personally identifiable information. If we determine that we have erroneously collected a child’s information, we will immediately undertake to delete that data from our records.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Last Revised: February 1, 2016.
The Blue Pages, Inc. User Agreement
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THISWEBSITE. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN IS A CONDITION OF YOUR RIGHTS TO FURTHER ACCESS ANY AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH WWW.BLUEPAGESATTORNEYS.COM AND RELATED WEBSITES (THE “WEBSITE”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
The following User Agreement (“Agreement”) governs your (“you” or “your”) use of the Website as provided by The Blue Pages, Inc., a Minnesota corporation (“Blue Pages,” “we,” “us” or” our”).
The Agreement may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on the Website or through a notification to you through the e-mail address you provided to us. Continued access of the Website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement. Your failure to follow the terms of this Agreement may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Website, without notice, in addition to our other remedies.
1. Our Services. We provide a service in which you can obtain contact information for attorneys, courts and law enforcement, among others. We make no representation, warranty or guaranty regarding any individual or entity listed on our Website and by using the Website you agree that we bear no liability in regards to any such individual or entity, without limitation. The use of any attorney, bail bondsman or other service provider listed on our Website is undertaken at your own risk.
2. Advertisers on Website. We, in our sole discretion, may post the advertisements of third parties on the Website. Your correspondence or dealings with advertisers found on the Website are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website. Moreover, we shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party on the Website, including, but not limited to advertisers.
3. No Agency; Third-Party Beneficiary. We are not your agent, fiduciary, trustee or other representative. Nothing expressed or mentioned in or implied from this Agreement is intended or shall be construed to give to any person other than the parties hereto any legal or equitable right, remedy or claim under or in respect of this Agreement. This Agreement and all of the representations, warranties, covenants, conditions and provisions hereof are intended to be and are for the sole and exclusive benefit of you and us.
4. Reliance on Supplied Information. Information available through the Website or other communications with you is for promotional and/or informational purposes only. While we make efforts to ensure that information provided by us is accurate, we do not represent or warrant that any Website content is accurate, complete or current, including any user alerts sent by us to you via e-mail. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website content and other information and opinions expressed through our Website or our communications with you. For instance, ratings and reviews may be informative but are not provided as a guaranty or prediction of the level of performance you may experience with the applicable product, service, merchant, vendor or other third party. You are solely responsible for the actions or decisions you take based on materials and information available through the Website and should carry out your own research and investigation as appropriate.
5. Monitoring. We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so we may monitor activity on the Website to foster compliance with this Agreement. All users of the Website hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any warranties or guaranties that: (A) the Website, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use; (B) apparent statements of fact will be authenticated; or (C) we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with this Agreement.
6. Use of the Website by You.
A. The Website is not intended for users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of18. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Website for which registration is required.
B. Unless otherwise specified, the Website is intended for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use the Website, and you are responsible for all use of the Website by you and by those you allow to use, or provide access to, the Website. You may not impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else when using the Website.
C. You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that constitutes junk mail, spam, advertising, and/or commercial offers. You may not repeat the same posting multiple times in a day or week, if functions of the Website would otherwise allow you to do so.
D. You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is defamatory, abusive, bullying, harassing, racist, hateful or violent. You agree to refrain from ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, homophobia and personal attacks when using the Website.
E. You further agree not to use any sexually explicit language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is sexually explicit.
F. You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is encrypted, invades anyone’s privacy, or illustrates, references or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, federal, national or international law or regulation (e.g., drug use, underage drinking). You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. Do not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that includes instructions for weapon and/or explosive manufacture or use.
G. You are responsible for ensuring that any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material you provide to or post on the Website, including without limitation in bulletin boards, forums, personal ads, chats or elsewhere, do not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is provided or posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
H. The Website may contain graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio and other material that is clearly identified for your use (“Assets”). The Assets are protected by state, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Nevertheless, we (and our licensors) grant to you the limited, non-exclusive, right and license to use the Assets solely as described on the Website, as limited by this Agreement, and provided further that you keep intact any and all copyright and other proprietary notices.
I. The Website also contains other graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio, software, code, and other material that is provided by us or our licensors and is not clearly identified as, or intended, for your use, including without limitation the organization, design, compilation, and “look and feel” of the Website, and advertising thereon (“Website Content”). The Website Content is protected by state, national and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, and is our property or the property of our licensors. The copying, reproduction, publication, display, rearrangement, redistribution, modification, revision, alteration, cropping, re-sizing, reverse engineering, movement, removal, deletion, or other use or change by you, directly or indirectly, of any such Website Content, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of advertising, is strictly prohibited.
J. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Website, including without limitation the Assets or Website Content, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by us.
K. You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer or interfere with the Website or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Website.
L. Other than connecting to our servers by http requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to our servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Website or otherwise.
M. You acknowledge that we have not reviewed and do not endorse the content of any sites linked to or from this Website and are not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to or from this Website. Your linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, enhance, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, or sub-license any such communication (including your identity and information about you) in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. In addition, please be aware that information you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Website will be available to all users of the Website, so you should be mindful of personal information and other content you may wish to post.
8. Copyright. Copyright © 2016, The Blue Pages, Inc. All rights reserved. Original user content submitted by users or providers to the Website or where expressly provided otherwise by us is proprietary to the submitting users and/or providers, is protected by copyright law and is subject to the usage restrictions set forth herein. We respect the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that the Website contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability
Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512) to our Copyright
Agent set forth below:
A. A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
E. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON ORTHROUGH THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE
WEBSITE. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON THE WEBSITE.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVIDING OF THE WEBSITE HEREUNDER, YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICES ADVERTISED THROUGH OR ON THE WEBSITE, YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE US AND OUR SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED (“CLAIMS”), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS
WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS
FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
BECAUSE WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTY IN TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND VENDORS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, IF A DISPUTE ARISES BETWEEN ONE OR MORE PARTICIPANTS, EACH OF YOU RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE US (AND OUR AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES) FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN
AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. YOU SHOULD CONTACT AN APPLICABLE VENDOR REGARDING ANY WARRANTY ISSUES RELATED TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
10. No Class Actions. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING AGAINST US.
11. Jurisdiction. We make no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota applicable to contracts to be
wholly performed therein, and any action based on, relating to, or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
12. Termination or Suspension of Access to the Website. We have the right to terminate and/or suspend your ability to access the Website or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, without notice.
Last Revised: February 1, 2016.